Friday, January 15, 2021

the meadows

                                7x11

A path leading to the beach at the Meadows, a Nature Conservancy property that's a popular birdwatching site.
Of course I see things I wish I'd done differently, and maybe will, next time I paint this scene.
But I am happy with color of the distant trees. I often struggle to get a color I'm happy with-- it's usually too gray, or too green or purple, or too blue!
These were in the too blue category, then, right as I was finishing, I dropped a little cool red in ...

2 comments:

marnold said...

I like how the path is in shadow yet keeps a good focus. And of course those handsome yellow weeds. Very nice!

laura said...

Thanks, Mike. The perspective on the path, which should be going uphill, isn't quite right, I don't think, but I won't quibble ...