Wednesday, January 27, 2021

nature walk 2

                                 11x15

The eagle walk was family friendly so there were a bunch of young kids along and I got a couple of good reference photos of them--"good" to me meaning they're basically just shapes and colors that I can superimpose on my landscape shots.
I had high hopes for this but, after the initial wash, felt discouraged most of the time I was working on it. 
Darkening the area behind the kids really gave it a boost, and a focus.

4 comments:

Rachel Murphree said...

This turned out really nicely!

Rachel

laura said...

Thank you, Rachel! I really appreciate that!

RH Carpenter said...

Well done! I never put people in my work, especially like this because I can never just make them vague shapes.

laura said...

I hear that! I finally learned to photograph people from behind ... and if they're wearing bulky clothes, even better!
I've had teachers say you should always put people in paintings because it makes them more interesting to viewers. I don't agree--and it isn't very flattering to us people, either!