Monday, January 18, 2021

railroad crossing

5x7

I've had this reference photo so long I can't remember where I got it from.*
I like the way the buildings seem to be stagger-stacked upon one another ... But every time I thought about trying to paint it, I'd think it was too complicated and put it aside.
I came across it again the other day and finally had the breakthrough thought: only draw/paint the parts that aren't white.
I really messed up the background, primarily by going into it too many times ... But I like the house on the top right, and I'm happy about the breakthrough!


 *It's not on my current laptop, or the one I used before that! I don't download copyrighted photos, so hopefully I am not impinging on anyone's rights (I won't be selling or reproducing this little sketch in any case!). In recent years, I've mostly painted from my own photos. If you know where this photo is from, please let me know.



No comments: