Saturday, March 30, 2024

preparing

My friend Robin and I are hoping to do a lot of plein air painting when we go to Scotland next month.
To prepare I'm planning to paint along with more Paul George videos on YouTube, and to work through lessons I've purchased from Paul Talbot Greaves and Shari Blaukopf.
The painting above I made painting along with Shari's Winter Woods and Stream class.
Shari's a great painter and teacher, and her pre-recorded classes are well-thought-out, very instructive, and a good price. Kaboom!
A couple of years ago I was signed up for an in person class with Shari in Fort Myers, FL, but a hurricane came and devastated the area, which is still building back!
I hope I'll get another opportunity to paint with Shari live!

4 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

The top painting is really well done - hard to get water reflections for me but you got great shapes and values there.

laura said...

Thanks. Rhonda. Shari really tells you how in her class. I just did what she said!

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Ooohhh lovely! I hope you have a great time in Scotland. I have just got back from a few days near Edinburgh - it was so wet I didn't do any sketching but did find lots of beachy treasure to play with. Hopefully the weather will be kinder for you, my fingers will be crossed.

laura said...

Thank you, Lisa! Expecting some wet of course ... But I hope not all wet!
We're doing an Inverness to Skye loop