Wednesday, March 27, 2024

sketch

                            10x10
Another attempt to paint along with a Paul George YouTube video.
The sky could really use more darks but when I get a color I like, it's hard to go back in and potentially ruin it!
I'd refine the rocks but the paint is super wet. instead I'll do another.
Found 3 pans of watercolor in a drawer: one was uponed, it's called Paris blue. The others were a warm yellow and a warm red. Dabbed each on a piece of paper: what lovely mixes.

5 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

I understand about the sky! This is really stunning work. Funny, those 3 colors you found may be future favorites for you.

René PleinAir said...

Love the effort but I wondering what kind of paper you use.
It looks like you ussing not that heavy paper cause the colors are running all over the place. When ussing heavier paper it might speed up the layers you would like to apply, think of it like a thicker sponce. Those 3 colors are really magnificant it very smart to use a good sellected 3 color instead of 10.000 different ones especially for watercolors its much more about atmospere and mood then accuratie and detail.

Again i really like the effort, well done !!

René PleinAir said...

little side note,

Each time I comment Google ask if "I'm not a robot" and each time I have to think
I'm not a robot, .... yet !! ;-)

isabella kramer - veredit said...

Such a wonderful result !! Love your warm and expressive colors !

laura said...

Thank you, Rhonda.

Thank you, Rene. I use 140lb/300 gsm paper. I recently got some heavier paper to try though.

Thank you Isabella!