Tuesday, October 05, 2021

bird painting class

                                 10x14
                                10x14

Taking a 4-session Zoom class with Ian de Hoog at the Winslow Art Center.
Week 1: Kookaburra.
Painted the blue one in class, and the brown one after, on my own. 
I have a tendency to prefer the not-so-colorful birds, but also I think the drawing in that one is better.
And what a difference that makes!

At this point I'm about two weeks behind in the class! Hoping to catch up soon.

3 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

both are nice looking but the feathers on the brown one stand out more

RH Carpenter said...

Wow, I can’t decide which I love the most - both are great! I think the brown one is more realistic but they both catch my eye.

laura said...

Thanks, Rhonda. I prefer the brown one myself, Rhonda. I am partial to the not-so-brightly-colored birds!
Thank you, Jennifer Rose!