Thursday, September 09, 2021

two bird painting classes

                               11x15
        Parrots painted with Nadine Dudek

I follow Nadine on Instagram and am in awe of her bird paintings, which are beautiful and elegant.
She occasionally offers a 1.5 hour class based on one of her paintings.
I have taken a couple and always learn something wonderful.
Nadine's website is here.

                               11x15
            Varied Thrush painted with 
                      Ronna Fujisawa

Very wet and humid here today but I plunged a head anyway and so wound up overworking it a bit. But I did enjoy painting it.
Ronna has a very intuitive and loose approach, which I love.
She also encourages students to keep a book of swatches ... which I am starting to do!
Ronna offers online classes that you can purchase one at a time or in bundles. Ronna's website is salty water art.

2 comments:

marnold said...

A couple of happy colorful birds. It amazes me that birds have expressions—and that you can capture them.

Jennifer Rose said...

very nice colourful parrots 😀
and pretty tiny thrush