Thursday, February 15, 2024

classwork

                               12x16
Painted in SaltyWaterArt's online class.
We practiced mixing greens and painted this scene square by square trying to get light, medium, and dark greens.
A fun exercise and some people in class got some great abstractions in their squares.
And below, a work in progress. It's a bit of a mess: sloppy washes, went back in too many times. Plus this is Arches paper, but it really couldn't take it-- buckled, paint lifted ...
Going to add darks. Refine shapes, if I can.
I think I went too big on this one: it's 16x16. I may try again 12x12.

2 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

That is such a cool top painting, never thought to separate a large painting into pieces. And I like the second painting because it has such gorgeous colors. I do hate it when the paper won’t cooperate, though.

laura said...

It was a good experiment. My classmates did some really cool work! I seem to be having nothing but trouble with paper lately! So annoying.