Friday, June 11, 2021

zoom landscape class

                                11x13

From a photo the teacher, Bill Rogers, took in the Algarve, Portugal (which is #2 on my list of places I have got to get to! funny that everyplace on my list is on the Atlantic Ocean).
I was about to start delineating all the ways my painting deviates from the reference-- my "mistakes," in other words--when I could hear my first watercolor teacher, Marge Chavooshian, saying, They dont know what the reference looks like, and it doesn't matter anyway.
I painted this in what felt like a rush, telling myself the whole time, shoulda done this, shouldn't done that ...
But it turned out all right.

2 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Absolutely turned out well!!

Jean Weir said...

I love how reflective the sand looks. Very realistic while remaining fresh