Sunday, May 14, 2023

snowy plover

                             8x11

Four months since my last post!
I was in a slump at the beginning of the year and though I signed up for lots of things, I didn't do any.
I think I get paralyzed when I have too many ideas; perhaps it's a loss of focus.
Edging my way back ... Weekly plein air will help.
I painted this in class with Ronna Fujisawa at SaltyWaterArt.
Now that I've photographed it, I see a few little places I should darken.
I tried a new-to-me paper, Rembrandt brand. I like the texture and was enjoying how easy it was to lift, when I noticed the paper buckling and the paint moving too much.
Looked at the block's cover: only 25% cotton.
But I'm thinking it might be good paper for loose plein air studies.

This is another, American oystercater, a favorite of mine, from Ronna's class. She had the great idea to add a touch of yellow to the water. 
I think I overdid this one a bit.
                            10x14

No comments: