Saturday, August 07, 2021

hazel soan zoom workshop

                                 8x10

                                 8x10

Took a 3-hour workshop with Hazel Soan on painting people on the beach through Studio 56 for Creatives. I've been a fan of Soan's for a long time and often when I have no ideas or am painting too tight I try to loosen up with a 10- minute paintings, an idea I first read about in one of her books.
This workshop was a good deal: they supply the reference photos and you paint along. Though keeping up with Hazel isn't always easy! I did enjoy listening to her talk--to us, I guess, but it sounded like she was talking to herself, making her thought process a running commentary.
You get the workshop and a recording of it (they did have a few technical glitches, which I think will be edited out of the final recording) that will not expire.
                               11x15

3 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

You did a great job on these!

laura said...

Thank you, Rhonda. Wish you could see Hazel's! Her rocks on the 2nd one were so perfect; and her beach scene on #3 was just beautiful!
But, yeah, pretty happy: 3 paintings in 3 hours!

Ludmiła Jabłońska said...

to jest świetne! Patrzę z podziwem na każdy twój ruch pędzla. To talent i doświadczenie.