Monday, August 30, 2021

birgit o'connor workshop

                              11x15

Painted in Birgit's Nature's Abstraction workshop.
I like the idea--the extreme close up. And I'd like to try it with some dune grasses ... even though such subjects addle my brain.
And I like Birgit's approach--planning, working in sections, mingling colors.
Even though I used the exact same colors as she used, I got a very different result. Birgit's was much cooler, and I overworked mine a bit trying, unsuccessfully, to tone it down.

4 comments:

Candy said...

Very nicely done! Was it an in-person or online workshop? Looks like fun.

laura said...

Thank you, Candy.
It was online. Some of Birgit's classes you can take "live" on Zoom; with those and with the others you get videos that you can watch and work from at your own pace, which I really like!

RH Carpenter said...

WOW!! Love it.

laura said...

thanks, Rhonda! total departure for me, and it was fun