Saturday, April 10, 2021

winter landscape

                                11x15

The last project in this section of the Bill Rogers class at Chesapeake Fine Arts studio. I think I learned a lot; I know I enjoyed the class.
This painting isn't quite finished, but I'm stopping here, for now, because I'm not really pleased with it. Though what I don't like may not be fixable: that shed is really dull!
I'll mull it over for a while. 

In the meantime, I signed up for a shorter group of lessons on winter scenes with Shari Blaukopf.

2 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

I like this - if the shed had more oomph, the boat wouldn’t be the star. I think it works just right as it is. Have you ever tried putting an acrylic sheet over your painting and using watercolor crayons or oil pastels to add color/change shape to see if you’ll like it before making any changes? I learned this in a watercolor class a long time ago and it works for those paintings that are in the critique stage or when there’s something wrong but you’re not sure what to change. You can just wipe off the color from the acrylic sheet and use it over and over again.

laura said...

That's is a great idea, Rhonda! I have seen people do that, but I've never tried it!