Friday, April 02, 2021

winter landscape class

                               11x15

Not too happy with this one. It's just blah.
But I guess that's an opportunity for me to figure out why.
Not enough contrast? The water could be darker, which would make the reflections in it more dramatic.
Not enough interest? I think if I do it again I will put more time into planning the rocks--they're very important and I was too careless: the shapes are not pleasing and they're poorly spaced.
I also think I'd do this smaller. Maybe 9x12. 
So many times I think one of the main things wrong with a painting is that the size does not suit the subject ...

1 comment:

RH Carpenter said...

I think it’s the rocks - they are not strong/hard-edged enough? I wouldn’t change the water or the other side of the stream - that all looks cold and icy and right to me.