Wednesday, January 08, 2020

happy new year

6x9

My last post was in September, and now it's January?!
I have been doing a little (a very little) painting, but going through one of those fallow periods ... 
When I have painted something I've posted it on Instagram, which is very easy to do!
Sometime last year my phone stopped letting me post to Blogger; so I had to go back to the old way: photographing a painting, uploading to the laptop, then posting it.
Then, the photo software on my laptop stopped letting me post to Blogger; so now I upload the phot, then upload it to another file then ...
I've got to figure out how to streamline this process!

I bought the palette below--which has removable 42 paint wells (which I really like) and comes with an optional turntable (also like)--from Robax.
Believe it or not, this is NOT their biggest palette: there's one with 85 wells!
Just have to fill it ...



5 comments:

Carol said...

I'll have to find you on Instagram. I gave up on my blog last spring. Lovely painting, btw. and the palette looks interesting.

JANE MINTER said...

Happy New Year Laura , beautiful holly painting ... 88 ! Sorry you’ve had trouble with posting .

laura said...

Thank you, Carol. I don't know why I find filling it so intimidating, esp since the colors can be moved!

laura said...

Thank you, Jane. I became too used to the ease and convenience of using my phone for everything! These workarounds add mote steps, but, hey, it's all still pretty miraculous.

Barbara Muir said...

Happy New Year. It takes real dedication to wade through
the IT problems with posting on the Internet. Good for
you. I can only post to Instagram from my phone, which
isn't good, because the best photo editing is on my
computer. So that makes for a complex process. Love
your work, and am so happy to see you sharing it again.

XOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara