Saturday, February 06, 2010

cape snow!

It's now been snowing here, nonstop, for 24 hours: I've never seen so much snow here, or maybe anywhere. My Beetle has been completely obscured by snowdrifts!
I went out to shovel my mercifully short walk again an hour ago and took this picture of Itchy, and tried to get one of the front yard: but as you can see, it's still coming down.
Which, as long as the electricity and the roof hold, is great.


Above is the view from my studio around 3 p.m., and below from the kitchen window, also around 3.


Tomorrow I want to go out for more pictures. I'd like to get to the Delaware Bay, but it's about half a mile away, and I'm not sure if, with my mid-calf-high boots, I'll be able to make it so far in this mid-thigh-high snowfall.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Cindy said...

Unreal amount of snow, Your dog looks like he could easily get lost. Your pictures are beautiful. I love your artwork. Hopefully you will get a break from the snow shoveling. take care

Penny said...

Absolutely unreal. Lovely photos. I do hope both the roof and electricity do hold out. we are having a few reports here in Oz of what it is like, and to think they are worried about the lack of snow for the Winter Olympics in Vancouver.

Jojo said...

That is crazy! I would love a weekend of being snowed in but no such luck in Atlanta.

I hope you keep your power.

Mineke Reinders said...

Wonderful pics Laura. The second one looks like a watercolor almost, would love to see your interpretation. Such big snowflakes you have! Enjoy and take care.

Cathy Gatland said...

I've just been reading about this in the news... wow! Beautiful photos, do stay safe and warm Laura

Tintin *LAPA* Lapasaran said...

great artworks!
what kind of paper can you suggest for watercolor medium? i was inspired by your paintings.. :)

visit my blog: lapasaran.blogspot.com

Autumn Leaves said...

Such gorgeous photos, Laura! I love it when the outside is full of fresh, fluffy snow. Of course, this is all while I am safely ensconced inside! LOL We haven't had snow in more than a week while states all around have been getting knackered!

Deborah Carr said...

I remember a snowfall like this that we had a few years ago. It was wonderful...but caused so much work afterwards! We had to shovel a tunnel into my parent's home through the drift in front of their house. Then walked up the drift to the roof and shoveled it off next, so fearful of the weight. Enjoy!

Rebecca J. Dunn said...

As much as I love snow, I'm afraid I'm not envious of how much you've gotten! Your little dog is so cute; enjoyed reading your post-stay safe and warm...