Friday, June 05, 2009

prior to the cacciatore

(5x7)

(5x7)
Okay, even I'm getting sick of this setup!
I didn't learn how to paint a green pepper--what was that Hawthorne quote, "Don't learn how to do things, keep inquiring how"?--but I did learn, and it's a good lesson, that even when I think I don't have time or energy or ideas, I can still do some painting. Waiting for the time or an idea is like waiting for "inspiration," which I gave up waiting for long ago.
It's good to just throw a few items together and explore.

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

julie king said...

it's good that you make the decision to paint rather than waiting for inspiration. you get a lot of wonderful practice that way!! i so love what you do!

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Laura,

That said I went downstairs to the studio and followed Bob Burridge's advice to have fun, and he says perfection is boring. I love what
you've done.

Back to our mantra. Sometimes the more work you do, the more you need a positive mantra.

Have a great weekend.

Take care,

Barbara

RH Carpenter said...

Not tired of these at all and think they all are wonderful and loose with great color throughout.

Sharon said...

I've enjoyed watching your progress on these still lifes, beginning with the lovely lemons on the cloth (with those beautiful touches of blue and lavendar). Beautiful and inspiring paintings, Laura!

Nicole Gendy said...

I think your post title is so clever. It totally made my day!

A Brush with Color said...

I think you've learned a lot if this is any indication--they all look fresh and colorful and rich to me, Laura. Love these!

Carol said...

They do look great!

Joyfulartist said...

You are way to hard on yourself! I think you did learn how to paint a green pepper, and a red pepper. They look good enough to eat!