Monday, October 16, 2023

classwork

                          10x14
Taking an online watercolor class with Michele Clamp, my second; I first noticed Michele's work on her FB page Painting Colorful Birds for Fun. She has some videos on YouTube you can view.
I feel like this painting looks better from far away, unlike most of my paintings!
Michele focuses on figuring out the colors, chroma (how much the color leans toward neutral), and value ahead of time.
It's a good practice: slows you down a bit, helps you get in the mindset... and once you have it figured out, the painting goes more quickly.

2 comments:

Michele Clamp said...

Looks fab. Nice that you posted the swatches too.

I was wondering where we first came across each other and now I remember it was Painting Colorful Birds. Good times. That was a fun group.

laura said...

Painting Colorful Birds for Fun was fun, and it really got me started painting birds! Thanks, Michele!