Monday, June 19, 2023

warmups

                           7x11

Warmup sketch from an oceanscape class with SaltyWaterArt. We're working from a photo Ronna took in a workshop on Lopez Island, WA, with her mentor, Tom Hoffmann, whose book Watercolor Painting I can highly recommend.
I really messed up the reflection. So much so that I may do something I never do: wash it off and try again.
                             🌙
                           7x11

This is a 2nd attempt to paint from a photo I took where there are overlapping clouds.
I painted this, and the 1st one, on Hahnemuhle paper, which I like but which I am finding cannot take much water. Though that property, while yielding some not so great splotches, also caused that beautiful, to me, soft purple and white cloud at the top.

No comments: