Wednesday, September 07, 2022

some birds

A few recent bird paintings. The waxwing and kingfisher were painted in Zoom classes with Ronna Fujisawa at saltywaterart.com. I really enjoy her classes! She shows me different ways to approach the painting.
The killdeer, below, I painted after seeing one at the Delaware Bay among all the sanderlings.
Flipping through my sketchbook, I came across this back-of-the-pageimage of a house sparrow.
And the flyer for a show I am in this month with another local artist!

5 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Love your bird paintings.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

These are all so lovely. I have a very soft spot for the sparrow, you have captured its character and spirit!

laura said...

Thanks, Lisa. I am also partial to sparrows, several varieties of which frequent my yard!

laura said...

Thank you, Barbara!

Robin@TheNatureCoast said...

yes, that sparrow is so present, intense.