Tuesday, September 20, 2022

plein air, parrsboro, nova scotia

Gina and I got back last night from our 3- day plein air workshop with Bill Rogers at the Art Lab in Parrsboro, NS, on the shore of the Bay of Fundy.
What an incredibly beautiful place! I really hope to go back, and to see Prince Edward Island and Cape Breton next time.
Bill is a wonderful teacher and just a lovely person. We learned so much ... For me Bill's emphasis on planning was very useful. 
We visited two beautiful spots to paint: Partridge Island and the Five Islands. Both days the high winds made painting outdoors a challenge, but we did it and had a great time.
We also ate some superb seafood and enjoyed locally brewed ales, and, of course, met a lot of terrific people.
The third day it rained. So I did a few cloud studies.

The view from our AirBNB
The view from my bedroom window:

4 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

love the clouds :)
and there is a lot to paint in nova scotia

RH Carpenter said...

What a great way to have memories of the trip - the paintings are gorgeous and I imagine you brought home enugh photos for many more paintings to come.

Barbara Muir said...

Beautiful work,

I'm glad you were there before the storm.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara

laura said...

Thank you, Jennifer Rose and Rhonda: Yes, I can't wait to go back and see more of NS--but I do have a lot of photos!
Just misses Fiona, Barbara, But I heard Parrsboro came out okay, which is a relief. I had signed up for a workshop in Fort Meyers Beach in December--and, as you no doubt know, it was flatted by Ian!