Wednesday, March 24, 2021

still life starts ...

                                7x11

                             7x11

A couple of still I started, then abandoned. The top one because it lacks interest; the bottom one because I didn't like how the cactus was coming out ... too messy. But this setup is not so bad so I may give it another go.

I love still life but am constantly frustrated by my inability to set up a "good" one! If I go for simple, it's too simple; busy too busy ...

If anyone has any tips/tricks/advice on setting up still lifes, I'd love to hear them!

1 comment:

marnold said...

You might find something here to inspire
https://www.google.com/search?q=free+reference+photos+for+artists+still+life&client=safari&hl=en-us&sxsrf=ALeKk01CAZNIrK6HIFLT6jj4pDAu85RmoQ%3A1616643426121&ei=YgVcYJv3BuiUwbkPm8G-gA0&oq=still+life+photos+for+reference&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEAEYADIGCAAQCBAeMgYIABAIEB4yBggAEAgQHjIFCAAQzQIyBQgAEM0CUABYAGDiyANoAHAAeACAAWKIAWKSAQExmAEAwAEB&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp

I know you liked it when I stuck a rusty tool in with the flowers. I like disparate. And I like your hydrangeas. Stick them next to a little garden shovel and some dirty gloves. Maybe a watering can. Out on the wooden back steps if weather allows.

Can’t wait to talk about painting with you while putting it off to drink 😏