Thursday, June 04, 2020

plein air: ocean ave

                        11x15 (unfinished)

Today my friend Diane and I met and painted for about 3 hours in Cape May.

I drew the roofline of the Queen Victoria b&b (below), which took me a while and still isnt 100% correct.
But when I started to paint, I saw the paper was defective; the paint soaked right in.
So I'll trace my drawing onto another sheet to paint another day.

Then I turned around and drew the building across the street from the b&b (above).

I went out this morning planning to do loose, un-detailed sketches! And I did just the opposite!
Blame the Victorian architecture!

                              11x15

1 comment:

RH Carpenter said...

Not sure how you’d get all that detail in the buildings in a loose way - I would have had the same problem. Perhaps do another in studio without as much drawing or...just let yourself go with the shapes :)