Monday, March 02, 2020

delaware bay

                                 10x14

Another painting I found abandoned half-finished on a block.
I added a few touches-- the clouds, the wet sand, the distant greens--and can call it finished, I think.
I toyed with the idea of trying to unify the grass clumps with a wash, but sometimes, imho, "fixes" don't really help: I might have gained something, but I'd lose whatever freshness the greens there have ... and to me that's not a good trade.

Case in point: also found the painting below, which is pretty high key. Thought I might be able to finish it with some darks, but I couldn't pull it off. Kept adding not-strong-enough dabs and the washes got tired.
                                  8x10

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Beautiful work Laura. I think you pulled it off magnificently in both
paintings.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

laura said...

Thank you, Barbara