Monday, July 29, 2019

grassy sound

11x15

Where did July go? Between the heat wave (no AC), an unusually heavy workload (why doesn't that happen in winter?!), trying to get together some new paintings for two--yes, two--group shows (the owner of the gallery scheduled them both for the same two weeks!), and trying to keep the plants in my yard alive ... it's been a muggy whirlwind.
I don't know if I should say I finished this painting or that I'm finished with it. I guess it doesn't matter: Both are true.
But I love the subject, and hope to return to it.

2 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Yes, the summer is rushing by now and I wonderful why? I don’t know what else you could add to that beautiful painting - it is done and perfectly so. Love the yellows, the water, the houses, the walkway, everything about it. I would not be surprised if you sold out every painting you put in the two shows - your work speaks to someone who loves the beach, the water, the dunes :). Best of luck!!

laura said...

Thank you, Rhonda. I appreciate your confidence in me!