Wednesday, February 05, 2014

lemon and pewter mug


 
(6x8)
I like the simplicity of this setup and decided to try it even though I usually shy away from painted metallic or reflective surfaces!

As you see from the badge in the sidebar, I joined Daily Paintworks. I'm a little apprehensive about it--putting my paintings out there, putting a price on them--but this seemed like a relatively passive, soft-sell way of going about it (which is the only way I'd feel comfortable with).
Just put up a few to see if they get any traffic; I'll add more when I can.

7 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Laura,

Love this, and they'll get traffic alright! Please don't sell your work too low. You are a really excellent artist, and deserve to be paid for your work.

XOXOXO Barbara

Art Maine said...

Thanks for your comment on my white amaryllis Sunny Winter Blooms watercolor on Daily Paintworks. I love using the white of the paper. Your blog self portrait is spectacular, so fine, very impressive. Nice take on the lemon with the white paper highlight and the pewter, great reflections. I stopped to look at this while taking a break from painting lemons on snow. Nice to see yours, hmm, back to them on the snow...happy painting...(click my link to my pseudonym commenting blog and you can click to my watercolor art blog; I'm no secret.)

Celia Blanco said...

Terrific work on the pewter and reflections. A beautiful still life set up! I think your work will gets tons of traffic and it was high time you did this! Wishing you the best!

Sergio DS said...

I love it, simplicity makes a perfect painting.
Good work!

Cathy Gatland said...

This is beautiful - I agree with other comments - it's high time!

cathyswatercolors said...

Good for you joining the daily paintings. Your work is beautiful, I'm sure you will do well. Bonus for all of us, it will encourage you to paint and share!

Polly Birchall said...

Good luck with your new venture. The reflections in this painting are lovely. You should be pleased with it.