Thursday, March 12, 2020

daffodils 3

                                11x15

More daffodils! Tried, this time, using a very watery triad--hansa, perm rose, and cerulean--in the petals to bring some variation.
I'm not sure this is done. Thinking of adding some leaves...

As it got dark last night, I noticed the lamplight was casting some dark shadows on the daffodils. So I thought I'd take another tack and start with the shadows. This is how far I got.
I can never decide on the color in the shadows! Is it a dark yellow? Bluish? Greenish? As I started to paint this I decided to stop trying to figure it out.
                                 10x14

3 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

Oh, Beautiful Daffodils.. so delicately done.. you have a magic touch!!!

laura said...

Thanks, Gwen. You are too kind

Barbara Muir said...

Beautiful Laura,

You are the best at this flower! I wonder the same thing about shadows -- actually about all shadows. I think it's best if we just do what seems right. You have. Lovely.

XOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara