Thursday, December 22, 2022

cardinals

                                7.5x11
I painted the lady cardinal above in class with Ronna Fujisawa of SaltyWaterArt. (Look her up if you're interested in Zoom bird painting classes.)
Ronna always gets great backruns or blooms in her backgrounds. Mine are usually just a mess but i like how this background turned out. Makes me think of frost.
                             7.5x11

This one I painted on my own. She looks a little dubious!
And the last one I painted after a class with Ian de Hoog. Ian gets beautiful washes and mixes in his birds. He's got some tutorials on YouTube on topics liker color mixing.
                              7.5x11


3 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Truly lovely - all three Laura. Cardinals are a favorite of mine.

laura said...

Thank you, Debbie. Mine too!

Jennifer Rose said...

your cardinals are lovely!😀