Sunday, February 06, 2022

workshop with eric weigardt

14x20

If you don't know Eric's work, look him up. I really enjoy his painterliness!
So I took this 3 day workshop: 3 days of frustration and overworked paintings, honestly ... but I think it was good for me.
I realized I need to be more intentional in my color mixing--on the paper, not the palette!--and in the application of paint--more paint AND more water.
Eric does paint-alongs about once a month, and after I get some practice applying pure, wet color, I'll sign up for one.
Below is a little practice.

2 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

These look really good. It seems that you were “finding your way” with these so my favorite is the 3rd one that looks more finished and definite in what you wanted.

Jennifer Rose said...

love the sky in the top one, great colours 😀