Wednesday, December 22, 2021

zoom landscape class

                               11x12

Painted this WI winter scene in a Zoom workshop with Paul Oman.
While I was painting it I thought it was disastrous ... and up close it really does not look very good!
But, step back and the values take over. And then it doesn't look so bad.

Something I'm often unhappy with are the outlines of things, like the distant tree line, or where the distant trees meet the ground.
When I watch teachers they seem to get a natural-looking outline without fussing. But even when I try for just going for it, I rarely get the edge I envisioned.
Something that will require 10,000 hours of practice.


2 comments:

Laura said...

I think it looks awesome. Thank you for sharing.

RH Carpenter said...

Well, I think this is wonderful!!