Wednesday, October 28, 2020

arya

                              11x15

It's been so long since I last painted! I tell myself I will; I think about subjects, but then ... Finally, for some reason, this morning I managed to paint!
I'm not sure if this is done (I think not), but it's close.
Hope I can keep it up.

Started off by doing a little "warmup" painting of two apples.
I read or heard this advice, to begin with a warmup, somewhere (maybe from Angela Fehr?) and I think it helps: gets me in the frame of mind and blunts the fear.

3 comments:

Nicole Marie said...

I love these, especially the cat, so pretty. I can feel the gentleness of this feline. :)

Candy said...

Very nicely done, Laura! I love your cat!

RH Carpenter said...

Those apples are wonderful - you should warm-up more often! ha ha. And the kitty is delicate and pretty. Yes, Angela says to always warm up before getting into the painting (but I don’t do it - need to remember to do it!!).