Friday, July 24, 2020

kitchen table still life

                              11x15

I don't know why, despite my desire and intent, I cannot maintain a consistent painting practice. I am going to keep trying.
My kitchen table was covered with colorful fruit and vegetables after a trip to the farm market.
Sat down and had at it, no plan. ... I like the way the yellow of the lemons bled into the purple: that's my favorite part!
So, I was going to add something on the left, to, I hoped, help the composition, which is pretty awful.
But, typically, I can't decide what to do. A bowl? A vase? Maybe wallpaper?
Sometimes plunging in leads to unsolvable problems down the road.
At least I got the paints wet!

1 comment:

Candy said...

Laura, I know I've said this before, but you really have the feel for watercolor. I'm with you on the yellow bleeding into the purple - so pretty and so "watercolorish." (I'm retired now, so I get to make up my own words.) Have a wonderful weekend!