Sunday, April 12, 2020

april 30 faces/30days: day 1

                               6x9
                              9x12

My 2nd and 1st attempts at day 1's "muse," as sketchy calls them.
I'm 11 days behind, but not too worried. I'll skip days 2 and 3 because the muses for those days don't appeal to me; I only attempt the ones I like.
This model very expressive eyes and a mass of dair hair: Lucky for my first day to have a muse so perfect for monochrome!
Each day Sktchy has a teacher who shows you a different technique, but I've decided to work exclusively in watercolor and see what happens.

                               10x14

Started the day with another sky ...
The gray mix--manganese blue and transparent orange--was suggested by Angela Fehr, and it makes a lovely soft gray.

No comments: