Friday, June 07, 2019

bike ride sketches

 4x6

More little tries at beach grass and brush. I like the analogous colors.
Hoping that--even though I won't be spending 10,000 hours on them--a steady practice of trying to render beach grass will lead me to a way that satisfies me.
5x7

Below are two paintings I did on location about ten years ago in a workshop with Charles Reid when he came to Cape May. (The very next week I had a workshop in DE with Ted Nuttall--a good two weeks!)
Of course, I had all his books and a few of his videos.
I loved watching him draw; it was like you were watching his mind work, and I guess you were.
It's remarkable to see all the artists across so many different platforms paying tribute to him. He really changed the game.



2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Love your paintings. Sorry to hear a great teacher is gone.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Debbie Nolan said...

Wonderful job with the beach grasses. Your earlier paintings are filled with such gorgeous colors. Love them.