Monday, January 21, 2008

cyclamen


Couldn't resist this little pot of cyclamen at the supermarket last night, though I haven't had any luck keeping cyclamen alive since I moved from my brightly lit apartment to my dark house. (Reading up on their proper care though and have guarded hopes.)
A Cape May watercolorist, Alice Steer Wilson, did the most beautiful paintings of cyclamen. You can see some of her paintings at www.alicesteerwilson.com, but, alas, no cyclamen!
The leaves present the difficulty, I think, both singly--how much detail to include? how to do it?--and as a cluster--they're so tightly packed! But the flowers are a joy to practice.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mineke Reinders said...

This is lovely, Laura! The flowers are so graceful, and I love how you blended the colors.