Tuesday, February 06, 2007

2nd attempt


Took another try at the battenberg lace yesterday; this is an improvement on the first go, but still a little clunky, I think. Another practice session may be called for ... Working on this--with the very light washes for the folds of the cloth--I could see doing a small series of limited-palette paintings of different lacy white clothes. On very large paper, a full sheet (22 x 30) say.

The Chester County (PA) Art Association is having two shows, opening 3/2 and 5/25, the first juried, the second not, and I'm going to try to enter them both. It's been a long long time since I entered anything in a show or sold anything, and there is a school of thought that you have to show your paintings to really grow ... I'll post the paintings I'm considering.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: