Thursday, April 02, 2020

towhee

                               7x11

A little break from daffodils.
Simple as it is, I just couldnt get the shape of this puffed-up towhee right. Weird how that happens.
I was going to leave the background white but then realized that made it hard to see where his chest turns away ... so back to my standby: palette grays and salt.
So, it's not what I was hoping for, but, okay, onward.

I hope you are all well and adjusting to this new reality.
Oddly, since I've worked from home for nearly30 years (!), I'm finding this very disorienting. I've stopped doing a lot of things I "should" do--vacuum, get out of my pajamas, comb my hair ... Well, none of those really matter now anyway.
Take care! ❤

5 comments:

Carol said...

I think the bird is beautiful! I saw it on IG.

Candy said...

I really like him. I've never seen one in person. I think I'm too far west. Very pretty!

laura said...

Thank you, Candy. They're supposed to be somewhat common here but I've only seen one once! Still waiting to see my first flicker!

laura said...

Thank you, Carol!

Barbara Muir said...

Gorgeous. I've always worked from home too, except for teaching. And I always wear painting/pets clothes inside -- with two cats, a dog and the possibility of painting whenever the urge, or upcoming show demands hit. But I'm trying
to stay more or less normal -- not much of a challenge sartorially, but in most other ways a bit taxing.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara