Wednesday, June 12, 2019

plein air: harbor lane (2)

 11x15

We, and our paintings, got rained on a bit, but we kept on painting. In my case, the raindrops added texture to the rusting hull of the Alexandra L.
In Bill's case the rain dappled the light in his sky! Bill always paints on a full sheet; while I usually use quarter sheets--or smaller. I usually finish or even overwork my paintings; he takes his home to finish later. (You can see Bill's paintings here.)

 William Yerkes, 22x30

8x11

A little painting of the muddy low tide shore that I started to keep myself from picking at my boat painting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful work,

RH Carpenter said...

The raindrops added just enough textured interest :). It’s wonderful that you can go out with a friend to paint and enjoy the day, rain or shine.

Barbara Muir said...

Love your paintings. Amazing. I love the idea of paintings saving paintings from "picking." So true! Gorgeous.

XOXOXOXOXOXo Barbara

Anonymous said...

Atmospheric, full of presence, life and growth. Love!