Wednesday, June 19, 2019

cape may point dune

 10x8

My plein air class decided to meet indoors yesterday afternoon because the forecast called for thunderstorms, so I decided to stay home and finish this.
Still working on finding my way with the dune grasses and fences--though this is the best fence I've done to date! I feel I have a way to go with the grasses; while these aren't bad, I want to find a balance between making each clump discrete and letting them run together more, letting color or value, rather than shape, delineate them.

5 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Laura I appreciate the lovely shadows you have captured with the fence. I can feel the sunshine in this piece. Very beautiful.

laura said...

Thank you, Debbie!

Anonymous said...

I learn so much from your detailed explanations, and beautiful work 😊

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Laura,

I opened this and said, "Wow". It's gorgeous!

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

RH Carpenter said...

I think it’s beautiful but know what you’re wanting to accomplish - separate but blended :). You’ll get there and you are actually getting close to that now. Love the fence and shadows!