Thursday, December 13, 2007

taking a little advice




... from Suzanne, who made a good point to me about the necessity of daily--even if brief--practice.
Gray, rainy day here. I was just about to finally dispose of the nearly expired orchids Chris brought me at Thanksgiving, when I thought, here's an opportunity to do my daily practice: 10-15 minutes (that's all today; other days more, I hope), of getting the paints wet.
Thinking I may extend the exercise a bit and paint right to left, filling that empty space in the middle ...

1 comment:

Suzanne McDermott said...

This is a thrill to see you posting now regularly. As you've probably guessed, I fall into the less is more school of thought. This is gorgeous. You'll simply have to learn for yourself when it's right to put the brush down. I have been guilty of going back to try to bend a piece to my satisfaction rather than moving on to the next piece. It's quite different to return to a watercolor than an oil.