Sunday, April 13, 2014

cincinnati waterworks

Cincinnati Waterworks

Bridge from Newport, KY, to Cincinnati

In a bar ...

Finally getting around to a post or two on the Carol Carter workshop I attended in Cincinnati last weekend ... The last day, Sunday, I woke up with some bug that settled in my chest and sinuses; today's the first day I've been able to breathe through my nose.
First, thanks to Rhonda, who arranged the workshop and who picked me up at the airport and generally took care of me and made sure I was comfortable. Rhonda's also given a very thorough description of the workshop on her blog, well worth a read.
And to the Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society, a very congenial, aspirational, and hardworking group of painters, including Deb Ward. I wish I had such a group to paint with!
And Carol Carter: if you ever have the chance, take a workshop with her. It was great to see her paintings in person, for one, and her lessons were great too. Often, in workshops, I think it's difficult to try to to do what the teacher wants you try without becoming frustrated; but everyone in Carol's workshop went along with her method, and far from being frustrated, I think many were even pleased with the results.


RH Carpenter said...

So glad you are getting back on your feet after the cold/flu caught you in Cincinnati! Like your photos!!

debwardart said...

So good to meet you - and I agree - great w/s. Love these photos - all would make wonderful paintings - so I'll be watching!!!


Related Posts with Thumbnails