Friday, January 09, 2009

plaza blanca

(5x6)
I'm taking my mom to the movies this afternoon, so I don't know if I'll get to my planned fabric-swatch painting today ... I hope to later.
In the meantime, here's the first go at what will be a three-painting series of views through a hole in a rock at Plaza Blanca, NM. I did this this morning, but need to darken the sky and make a few other adjustments.
Plaza Blanca is a mystical place, even for a born atheist like me. I was half expecting, hoping to be contacted while I was there. Didn't happen, but the monolithic rock formations and the silence were profoundly touching.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colors. Nice and loose. I still struggle with the looseness thing, so always admire other artist's who have achieved this goal.
Jean

Teresa said...

Love it! Reminds me a lot of the rock formations at Arches National Park, Utah.

Ruth said...

What you wrote is interesting. My sister Ginnie just visited 6 of the 7 vortexes in Sedona, and she "felt" them. I wonder what it is, but there is definitely some dimensional thing going on.

Wow, I've missed a lot here at your blog.