Saturday, November 26, 2022

simple still life

                                 5x7
                                 5x7

I set up a little still life on the kitchen table and took a few pictures; trying out a couple. Each has things I like and don't like!
I added the orange for the light it would reflect on the cruet, and in the foray one I like that orange blush.
For the second I tried a couple of ways to paint the pattern: dry on wet, dry on dry that I'd then mist, and the one I settled on--drawing with a watercolor pencil on wet paper. Really like the effect!

Started the third, and last I think!, one, below. I like it unfinished! But I think I'll go a little further.
                               9x11

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Love, love, love your work! These are wonderful.

XOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara

laura said...

Thank you, Barbara! I felt very ambivalent about these; you remind me to be positive!