Monday, November 15, 2021

for connie

                             9x12

Last week a woman in one of the online classes I attend passed away suddenly after a brief illness The people in the class have been painting together for a long time, and they were all devastated. I'm the newcomer but I will miss her too: her kindness and sweet smile, her beautiful, elegant paintings.
The homework this week: paint a floral and, in the spirit of generosity and friendship that defined Connie, gift it to a friend.
                                  8x8
                                  9x12

4 comments:

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

My condolences for your loss. A beautiful tribute to your friend. I loved these when I saw them on IG. Best wishes and gentle hugs.

laura said...

Thank you, Lisa.

Jennifer Rose said...

those are all really nice 😀

RH Carpenter said...

How shocked we are when someone dies unexpectedly and how sad for your group. Thee are all wonderful but really love the top one - the green and the simplicity of the painting really sings.