Friday, September 17, 2021

house sparrows

                                @6x8

Feeling frustrated with my landscapes of late, so back to birds!
I've been going through my files to find paintings for a studio tour I'll be participating in next month. 
Also found a few pieces of paper, and drew these sparrows on one.
But, when I went to paint them, discovered the sizing was shot--the paint sunk right in and wasn't manipulateable.
This would normally cause me to chuck the whole thing. But in this case, perhaps because the shapes are small and simple, I decided to keep going and work with the difficulties.
Except for the feet, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.

7 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

I love your birds so am always happy to see you bring a few new ones to life :). Not easy to work on bad paper - time to buy some art supplies? :).

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

They are gorgeous. You have beautifully captured their movement and character. You have given me a big smile with this painting. Best wishes.

Ludmiła Jabłońska said...

Bardzo lekko! Ja jeszcze nie mogę powstrzymać się od szczegółów.

Jennifer Rose said...

they look great, tiny and cute 😀

laura said...

Thank you all. I have a flock of house sparrows that nest in my yard and hang out in the ivy. I am partial to sparrows, of any kind.

monne-floor said...

Die zijn mooi

Barbara Muir said...

Gorgeous. Love this.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara