Saturday, April 11, 2020

online class w Angela Fehr

                             @4x6

I signed up for Angela Fehr's Heart-Led Landscape class, and these are some color studies from the first classes.
Right away, I've learned something: I never do color studies, just jump right in trying to approximate what I see. But I often wish I could deviate from that; I just didnt think about how to go about it ... This seems like a good first step.

These cloud studies are an early lesson in the class too.
It is amazing how hard it is to kind of "let go" while still trying to think and evaluate!
I think I would benefit from doing these everyday: just to cultivate that mental practice.

You can find Angela Fehr videos on YouTube and more about her classes on her website, AngelaFehr.com.

2 comments:

Angela Fehr said...

Laura, thank you for sharing your thoughts on the lessons! Your paintings are beautiful, I love the soft delicacy of your style.

laura said...

Thank you, Angela!