Sunday, February 16, 2014

wip: cherries

(6x8)
Another start ... I'm seeing a theme here: a lot of starting and not much finishing. Oh well, that's okay. As I always remind myself, it's the journey, not the destination.

I'm doing a two-day birding workshop in Cape May this weekend with Pete Dunne.
Yesterday we saw brown-headed cowbird, mockingbird, Carolina wren, American goldfinch, house finch, downy woodpecker, lots of sparrows and chickadees and many red-winged blackbirds. Then ended the day with a jaunt out to the Delaware Bay searching for a snowy owl that had been reported. There was a wet-snow gale blowing and we saw dunlins, but not the elusive owl; we all left happy, though wet and cold, feeling very intrepid.
 


2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

You are intrepid. I also have a lot of works in progress, so I get it. But you know what they either get finished, or I decide they already are, or they are a stage on a journey to another painting. Love this start.

XOXOXO Barbara

Diana said...

this is so beautiful Laura, I have work in progress too. I'm not sure what to do with the iris' yet. ha.. have a great time at the class. it sounds like fun. love to you,Diana