Wednesday, January 08, 2014

european robin

(5x7)
I've tried this one before ... and at least I can say this is an improvement ... and that I'm glad I decided to leave the holly leaves out.
 
(4x4)

Today is the 50th anniversary of President Johnson's War on Poverty speech. You can watch it on YouTube. It's touching to see the what seems to me genuine, simple humanity of this speech, and it's discouraging to think we've not only not won the war on poverty but stopped even aspiring to it.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Really a beauty! And a big improvement on the previous one, although I think it is the bg that throws that one off, becoming too much for the little bird :) I don't think we're winning the War on Poverty and during this bitter cold time we were seeing many homeless outside or trying to find shelter. I cannot imagine living outside at any time, but in this cold, it's just amazing what humans endure.

Celia Blanco said...

He is beautiful! I love the little bits of untouched red berries. I love the older one too!
It is a beautiful speech and great to think back on it. It seems like we are unaffected by poverty these days.

Barbara Muir said...

Beautiful. Cool how we change plans as we go along. So love your birds.

XOXOXO Barbara