Monday, May 16, 2011

more gulls

 
(7x11)
Here's one that I'll definitely have to paint again--and faster: the lines in the water that are supposed to be ripples (!) are too hard-edged, defined. Also, I think I have to intensify the reflected color on the gulls themselves.
It's weird to me that my mind hampers me from painting things it knows to be white in other colors! Perhaps if I did one of those things they recommend to break the mind's hold on your perceptions, like turning the paper upside-down? Or maybe I should just tell my mind to butt out.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Maria's Watercolor said...

But it looks so good! I did not notice any of those things until you pointed them out, I noticed the great colors, reflections, I love it the way it is!

RH Carpenter said...

No, I didn't notice those things, either, but just the beautiful colors and shapes :)

Autumn Leaves said...

My mind has such sharp control of my hands too. Still, Laura, this is beautiful with color!

Sandra Busby said...

I LOVE your use of colour on these fellows :0)

Unknown said...

I love the colors in this Laura; be kind to yourself. This is a very nice painting.

A Brush with Color said...

Love all your waterbirds, Laura. I forgot to mention last post that I'm going to check out the loft--I've never been! These are all great!

Shelley Whiting's art said...

I love your birds. They're very calm and serene. I love the bright and vibrant colors. Beautiful work.