Sunday, July 12, 2009

more cg beach

(7x11 each)
Everyone went out fishing early this morning, so I literally missed the boat. I have never been a morning person.
I wanted to give myself a bit more room, so today I painted from my sketches on 7x11 sheets, rather than my usual blog-friendly 5x7.
It's weird, and frustrating, that you can see what you want to do so clearly in your mind, but what you get is something else!
I planned to concentrate on darks and greens and connecting shapes ... but I'm not quite there yet.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Charlene Brown said...

I love the way you share what you're learning by experimenting. You always make your surroundings look like such pleasant places to be, and I love the lovely effects you achieve -- the surprises, as well as those you're aiming for.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Charlene ... It's funny I can depict "pleasantness," especially when, today, I was feeling very punky/sulky! Painting must be a kind of counterbalance to my moods!

A Brush with Color said...

I do, too, Laura. These are lovely, as always. The pinks in the sky are gorgeous. I'm always impressed with your dunes and water and skies.

Art with Liz said...

I love these beach scenes, such beautiful colour and vibrancy. Beautiful.

Cathy Gatland said...

I don't know what you had in mind, but these have such atmosphere, and a lovely rhythm as a pair. I'm impressed how you set yourself goals in painting too - wish I could do that!